Self awareness: the ability to focus on yourself and how your actions, thoughts, emotions do or do not align with your internal standards.
Why is this vital for you to know? Because so much of what's happening within you is trapped outside of your conscious awareness, which leads you to make up answers that feel true but are often wrong.
Suggestions to build self awareness:
1. Take time to reflect on things that have happened in your life that keeps coming up.
2. Be open to feedback from people who love and support you.
3. Journal your thoughts & emotions.
4. Commit to working with a therapist or coach who can hold up the mirror for you.
5. Be open to empathy & self compassion.
Self awareness is needed for growth, success and healing.